HOW TO ORDER
Private citizens can legally purchase and possess silencers in 42 states* without a permit.
Silencers are legal but are regulated by federal law and on a state-by-state basis by the National Firearms Act (NFA) branch of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BAFTE).
How to purchase
To purchase a silencer the following qualifications apply: br>
- Reside in one of the 42 states that currently allow civilian ownership
- Be a resident of the United States
- Be legally eligible to purchase a firearm
- Pass a BAFTE background check
- Be at least 21 years of age to purchase from a dealer
- Be at least 18 years of age to purchase from another citizen